Creating a soccer highlight video is really easy in the SocrPro video editor because this is one of the things the editor was specifically built to do.
Like anything in life, there are always going to be ways to get a job done… duct tape comes to mind, multi-purpose tools, hammers work on almost everything… but life is almost universally easier when you choose the correct tool for the job.
Can you use iMovie? Of course you can. Adobe Premier? Yep. Camtasia? Yes again.
The trouble with all those video editors is that none of them were built specifically to make it easy to create soccer highlight videos …and SocrPro was!
If you have a “FREE Forever” account already, then please leave a comment if I can help you with more videos. If you do not have your account yet… go get one now – Click Here Now
Ever wonder how to get started with your free soccer coaching software to make awesome (but simple) soccer coaching videos that help your players increase their soccer IQ to play smarter and win more games?
If that sounds like you, then this soccer coaching video is going to be exactly what you need to take your soccer coaching, or your soccer game to the next level… and then to the level above that!
Performing soccer coaching video analysis is actually easier than “live soccer coaching” because you always have these benefits while watching soccer game video in the comfort of your home / office:
- Game Adrenaline – We all love the games, and the adrenaline rush that comes with it, but this makes it harder to be analytical instead of emotional. Studying soccer matches from video is far easier to be analytical versus emotional.
- Full Field Vision – Until we grow an extra set of eyes, we’ll never be able to see the full field while at the live soccer match. Often, what is happening out of view is the thing that matters most.
- Slow Motion – Slow it down to a single frame at a time if needed. Stop, start.. back, forth… was he offside or not? The call cannot be changed but at least you’ll know the truth.
- Instant Replay – Step it Back – Very often the goal that was scored, or the pivotal play from the game, had something critical happen 3-steps, or 4-steps, back that actually created that opportunity for you, or for the opponent. The actual shot is not the key, what happened 4-steps back is what needs to be analyzed and corrected or nurtured.
- Bias Correction – We all carry our biases with us everywhere we go; the player that always hustles we just “assume” they hustled in the game and the “lazy” player we just “assume” they played slowly.
But is the “lazy” player simply playing smarter and keeping things under control by stopping bad things from happening before they happen? Is the “high energy” player making miraculous come-from-behind slide tackles because he was out of position to begin with?
If you really want to help your players, and help yourself in the process, there really is nothing better than studying your match videos and breaking them down in a system like SocrPro.
Get your “FREE Forever” account today – Start Here
Hudl Assist is a simple concept that helps soccer coaches with the breakdown and analysis of their soccer matches but is it worth the money charged for this service and should you use Hudl Assist for your soccer team?
To answer this question, it’s important to understand exactly what Hudl Assist actually does for you and why this service is really only half of a match analysis.
Here is what does Hudl Assist tracks for your team:
- Attacking: Goals, Assist, Shots on/ off Target, Crosses
- Defending: Blocked Shots, Saved Shots
- Possessions: Time of Possession, Count of Possession, Count of Transitions, Possession Percentage
- Set Pieces: Corner Kicks, Free Kicks, Penalty Kicks, Throw-Ins
- Infringements: Offside, Fouls
- Player Stats for your team: Who Shot, Who Scored, Who Assisted
On the surface, this might seem like great information to know.
Statistics do matter and the team that continuously suffers on the wrong side of the statistics equation is also likely going to be the team that suffers on the wrong side of the win / loss column as well.
Here is where the Hudl Assist program falls apart.
Because Hudl for soccer is really just a variation of Hudl for football, and since football is a “set play” sport versus a “free flowing” sport, the entire system mentality is wrong from the foundation up.
Let me explain.
Statistical analysis provides the “what”… Coaching Tips are the “why”.
When you look at the statistics in isolation from the game itself, the statistics mean very little, especially to youth soccer players. Telling an 11-year old that they need to improve their time of possession is useless until you give them the “why”.
- “Why” is their time of possession poor?
- How can they change their game to improve this time of possession?
- Are they playing too narrow?
- Are they making bad passing decisions?
- Should they dribble more and pass less or pass quicker and hold the ball less?
There are so many reasons that a team may have poor time of possession that this number in isolation is never going to improve a team’s match performance.
The root of the Hudl Assist Problem
The “playlist” centric methodology that Hudl uses also hinders the usefulness of the video review. If you have a “throw-in” statistic but cannot easily go back and review the actual throw-ins that created the statistic… what good is it?
In SocrPro, the tags that created the throw in statistic also allow for easy review of every throw-in from the match because you can simply press the “Jump” button and skip to every throw-in that occurred during the game.
Every tag in SocrPro creates the ability to “Jump” to that location making the statistics far more useful for video review.
Hudl Assist is a valuable tool because knowing if your team is improving or declining over time is important.
The major problem with Hudl Assist stems from their fundamental lack of understanding of soccer. Hudl’s hard core focus on football, and the fact that Hudl Assist only provides the “what” without association to the source video render the entire soccer development process useless.
Statistics disassociated from the actual game video does nothing to help explain the “why” that your players need to actually improve their statistics over time.
The SocrPro “Virtual Coach” gives you everything that Hudl Assist does but since we understand how true soccer player development works, we made our system perfect for soccer. SocrPro takes the basic “what” and turns it into the “why” that actually improves the “what” with smarter, better players that win more soccer matches.