Soccer video analysis software is not the same as generic sports analysis software in the same way that soccer is not the same sport as the other popular sports like American football, basketball, and baseball.
Because soccer is unique, to perform soccer video analysis, the software needs to be unique as well. Soccer video analysis software needs to be purpose-built and not simply a derivative of another sport’s video analysis software system with a “soccer” label added and sold as a soccer video analysis tool.
Let’s explore a few of the things that make a good soccer video analysis software system:
- Built for soccer – This cannot be stated often enough. If a video system is built specifically for soccer, it’s going to be better than a video analysis system built for another sport.
Just as a pick-up truck is better for hauling trailers and a sports car is better at going fast at the race track, the software is better when it’s purpose-built and then used for that purpose. Sure, there are fast pick-up trucks but none of them will achieve the lap times of a purpose-built sports car.
- Easy to use – Good workflow tends to follow product design. When the soccer video analysis software is built from the onset with a singular purpose, it’s common sense that the most important features will be easy and accessible without the clutter and complexity of a general-purpose system with “soccer features” added into the software platform.
- Handles massive video files – 90 minutes is an average soccer game but many games run longer due to injuries, delays, etc. This means an already massive video file is going to become even “more massive” so the video analysis software needs to be able to handle these large files without bogging down.
In contrast, American football really has only 5 to 10 minutes of actual video action so the files are much smaller and the software does not need to be as robust.
- Functional sharing – YouTube makes it easy to share a video so anyone can watch the video. While convenient, this can be a huge detriment when there are people i.e. competitors, that you do not want to view your team and obtain scouting info.
What you really want is a system that allows you to not only share the video, you want to retain viewing controls and you want to be able to share the video so others can use the source video to create their own videos.
This allows parents and players to create highlight videos for college recruiting from the same source video that you use for your coaching analysis.
- Remote Coaching – Time is always short during the season so your soccer video analysis software must allow other designated people to help you with the work and lighten the load.
There is really only 1 soccer video analysis system that checks all these boxes and best of all, it’s 100% FREE forever!
SocrPro soccer video analysis software was built from the ground up, from day #1, to be a dedicated soccer software platform and its fulfilled this mission to become the most loved soccer platform available.
If you need to do soccer video analysis, you’re going to love the SocrPro free coaching tools and your players will love the feedback they get from you.
Sign up for your free account today… no credit card needed, just sign up and start using the soccer video analysis software immediately!
Join Today – Click Here