…or you’re playing man down with an empty goal.
There’s an old saying about poker players that goes like this, “if you’re sitting at the table and still trying to figure who’s the mark, it’s you:”
Today I’m going to reveal the 3 most important things your soccer club software needs to do for you to ensure you’re in control, that you’re dealing the cards and not the “mark”.
1. Independent Merchant Account – If your billing / registration software is also your merchant account, you’re paying too much, and you lack control.
You would never give a 3rd party supplier direct access to your club’s checking account so why would you allow them to control your money before it’s deposited into your checking account?
Modern software allows you to simply “connect” your merchant account into the billing / registration software and this keeps you in control.
2. Automated Recurring Billing – Many systems have recurring billing tools already but most only provide 1 method of recurring billing.
The reality of your soccer club business is that nothing ever happens “1 way” so you need multiple ways to set up recurring billing.
Registration payments are often performed with a fixed date and amount while camps, clinics and kits are sold differently.
~ What about selling camps over text?
~ Or through social media?
~ Or having the ability to manually re-bill a customer for any random item?
All these things, and more, are a daily part of your reality so if you want to bring in more revenue for the club, you need these tools and flexibility.
3. All-In-One System Integration – Nobody has time to manage multiple systems – Fact!
It’s not cost effective; it requires an extra learning curve for every independent system and it’s a huge hassle for everyone to have your data scattered across multiple platforms.
SocrPro is the only system that offers everything from club management, coaching, scheduling, recruiting systems, and more.
Stop wasting time and money and check out SocrPro today.
There’s only 1 “all-in-one” system that truly does it all so check it out today!
Here are 3 simple clues that make it easy.
- Backend Fees – You should never pay a backend transaction fee and even worse when it’s a backend payment that’s percentage of your sale.
If your software provider is dipping their greedy paws into your back pocket every time someone pays you… then you have a HUGE problem and are getting ripped off in a way that would make a Chicago politician blush.
No matter what else this software mighty be doing for you, the costs are simply too high to justify the benefits – 100% guaranteed!
2. Multiple Programs – Learning, maintaining, and paying for multiple programs to run 1 club has costs that go beyond the monthly fees.
If you’re using multiple programs today, then you already know how many extra hours you’re wasting for even the simplest of tasks.
Software that does not provide an integrated “systems” approach is always going to operate better than when you cobble multiple programs together.
3. Not Industry Specific – Sure… it might “work”, but does it work as well as it could if it were built for you and your industry?
An SUV will haul a few sheets of plywood home from Home Depot, but a pickup truck works better and a mini-van works better than both when you need to haul half the soccer team to an out-of-town tournament.
Your software will work better when it’s built for you and the specific needs of your industry.
If you spot any of these problems with your software, there’s no need to worry because there’s already an “out of the box” solution ready to go.
SocrPro was built for soccer, just for soccer, and is the runaway best “all-in-one” solution for soccer.
Best of all, you can get a “FREE forever” account, including instant access, with nothing more than your name and email – no cc needed, no contracts, no games.
Get your FREE Forever account today at SocrPro.com
#6 – How do you get a scholarship to play soccer?
There’s one way that works best!
You may have heard that getting a soccer scholarship is “impossible” but there’s literally soccer scholarship money that goes unused every single year.
But there’s a catch… there’s always a catch.
The catch is that you need to play on the team that has the soccer scholarship money remaining.
Often these colleges are not the colleges your child chooses to attend which is why this money goes unused each year.
So how do you get a soccer scholarship at the college you want to attend?
The first rule is that you need to be flexible and willing to attend a lot of different colleges.
The wider the range of colleges you’re willing to attend, the greater the odds of finding a program that:
- Has soccer scholarship money available
- Is willing to give their soccer scholarship money to you
Being brutally honest, you should remove the thought of an athletic scholarship from your decision process altogether.
Look at any athletic scholarship you receive as “manna from heaven” but do not count on a soccer scholarship nor base your college choice solely on the prospect of a soccer scholarship.
The #1 best thing you can do is focus on an “academic scholarship” at the school where you choose to attend and play soccer.
Academic scholarships are far more plentiful and often more lucrative.
After 4-years of college, a high GPA is going to do more for your career than being the captain of your college soccer team.
** People are getting soccer scholarships so always ask for the money …just be realistic in your odds of getting the money!
Sign up today https://socrpro.com
#5 – Does video quality matter… and how can I create quality highlights?
So many people get this 100% wrong!
And even when people get it “mostly correct”, they often miss the most important details that make their videos almost useless to a college recruiter.
But if you follow these simple steps, you’ll be able to create and publish your own highlight and “all touches” videos with ease.
2 critical things to understand when creating college recruiting highlight videos:
- College coaches will not recognize your child on the pitch even when you state their jersey number.
- The video needs to direct the college coach’s attention to the point of action you’re trying to highlight.
I see far too many videos where I have no clue where to look and no clue who I’m supposed to watch.
Things you need:
- Highlight Animation – Used to direct the coach’s attention to the point of action.
- Video Pause / Auto-Restart – Used in conjunction with the highlight animation.
- Transitions – Clearly separate individual highlights.
Things to avoid:
- No Intros – Nothing worse than a 30 second cinematic intro to waste a coach’s time and encourage him to hit the “delete” button before the action starts.
- No Music – Just skip it. No upside… all downside. Ever hear of a coach selecting a player based upon their music selection?
- No Slow Motion – Unless your kid’s the Flash, this is just another waste of time for the coach. If they really move that fast, the coach can hit the rewind button and watch it again.
- No Zoom – Keep everything on a wide angle so the coach can see what is happening in the context of the game and other players.
Now that you know what to do… let’s look at how you do it.
Video is video, so almost any video editor will get the job done.
Some video editors are just harder to use i.e. Adobe Premier and iMovie, while others are easy because they’re purpose built for the task i.e. SocrPro.
The SocrPro video editor was built for the purpose, and it publishes automatically to your FREE Player’s Page, so it’s hard to beat the combination.
Steps to create a highlight / touch video:
- Upload a Video – Or use a Shared Video from anyone on the team or share your video with anyone you choose so they can create highlights as well. This is a primary benefit of using SocrPro.
- Watch the Video – Whenever you see a great play that you want to add to your highlight video, simply click the “Highlight” button and it will create a 10-second clip with a fade in / fade out transition.
- Add Focus Animation – Click the Focus Animation button and then drag / resize the animation where you want the coach to look. This will also pause / restart the video automatically.
- Render Video – After you’ve made all your highlight selections, save the video as a highlight video and it will combine all your clips into 1 continuous highlight video.
- Publish Video – Adding and arranging your video to your Player’s Page is literally “1-click” and then drag and drop to place your new video in the desired location on your playlist.
Since your Player’s Page uses the same personalized page link no matter what you add to the page, you will use this same link to send to the college coaches every time you add an update to your page.
Remember that college coaches are human and inundated with communication from prospective players, in addition to all the other things they’re doing daily.
Repetitive follow up with updates is the key to keeping your favorite player at the top of the coach’s mind and at the front of their recruitment list.
Sign up now with https://socrpro.com
4 – Can you do it yourself…
…or should you pay a service?
This is a highly personal area and there isn’t going to be a single answer for everyone.
But… there are simple things to do and a few considerations to make.
# 1 consideration should be whether you’re doing this for the first time i.e. first child.
If you’ve gone through the process before, you likely have experienced the pitfalls and are better prepared for the journey the 2nd time around.
If this is your first foray into the college soccer jungle, there’s a high likelihood you’re going to step in plenty of elephant dung along the way.
Think of all the money you’ve spent on club soccer, personal trainers, showcase travel, and ID camps …does it really make sense to go “cheap” for the most important part of the process?
You’re about to cross the finish line, this is the time to spend a little extra rather than pulling back on the reins.
If you can afford it, hire a professional to help you through the process!
If you cannot afford it, then call some professionals for their FREE consultations and I guarantee you will learn far more from these calls than you will learn from 100 posts on social media.
This might seem a little “cheeky” but it’s the cost of sales for the recruiting services and the reality is that you might find a person in this process that presents an option for you that makes sense.
In either case, these calls will make you better educated in your selection of a recruiting service or to aid you on your DYI mission.
Here’s where you need start regardless of option desired:
You’ll always need to start with a Player’s Page to showcase your player’s highlight, touch, full game videos and bio / stats. (SocrPro offers free Player’s Pages).
This is a baseline requirement for college coaches and no real professional recruiting person will accept your child if they have no idea how they play.
These recruiting professionals stake their reputation on every child they promote because they’ve developed a deep trust with the college coaches that know and respect them.
College coaches expect the recruiting professional to bring them kids that will fit their program and this is true for all levels i.e. D1, D2, D3, Junior College, etc.
*I personally like smaller, personalized services that invest their time and reputation into your child. Avoid the “mass market” services that promise massive email blasts and other “mass market” techniques.
~ The best services are successful because they take a focused, highly targeted, approach and have deep relationships with the college coaches.
**Be very transparent about your college choices. If you only want to attend a D1 school, or a limited list of specific schools, make sure you tell them up front.
~ If your child is not a possible fit for the soccer programs at these schools, reputable recruiters will tell you and not take your money for a hopeless cause.
Sign up today https://socrpro.com
3 – Showcase tournaments do work…
…but only if you do it this way!
Let’s look at this from a statistical perspective.
There are thousands of colleges / universities that may, or may not, attend the showcase.
The showcase has hundreds of games played in one weekend.
Often spread over multiple locations miles apart.
Best case, all games are played at 1 massive facility.
All of this considered…
What are the odds that the coach from the college where you want to play will be at your game, watching while you’re in the game, at a time you’ve just made a spectacular play that makes you standout above all the others?
Hopefully you’ve answered, “lottery level poor”.
Now, if you’re willing to play at any D3, D2, junior college, in any state, with no regard for the program or academic reputation, then you don’t need to do this next step because there’s always a college somewhere that will need players.
The key to success at a soccer showcase is to be proactive!
You need to proactively reach out to the coaches at the schools you want to attend / play and ask them to watch you.
Send them to your Player’s Page for an introduction so they can see your videos and bio / stats.
Critical Point: If you’ve been in contact before, always assume they’ve forgotten you already
Always make sure you’re routing the coaches to your Player’s Page to get them excited about watching you at the showcase!
Secondly, make sure you send them your game schedule with dates, times, field locations and opponents.
Make it as easy as possible for the coaches.
Never make them work to find your game.
Third step is “follow up”.
Fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth step is “follow up”.
The soccer showcase is simply one step in a longer process.
Play hard, be a positive force, be persistent and you’ll get the spot you desire.
Join https://socrpro.com today